Along with Piazza Carella it constituted “U chianu”. Flowerbeds with seats and palm trees border it. In the center is place the Monument to the Fallen of the First World War built in 1932. Click to listen highlighted text! Built in 1652 by Nicolò Placido Branciforti, designed on the ruins of an earlier Arab fountain, among other things, it had the task of bringing water to the overlooking Botanical Garden. In baroque style, this aquatic monument m Leggi tutto >> Piazza Branciforti In town it is called “Piazza Soprana”, this large urban space is closed between the Palace, the Stable and other noble buildings, representing the symbolic place of power for Leonforte: first for the Branciforti and then the Li Leggi tutto >> The Stable Horses are at the center of everything: this is the only way to understand the meaning of this architecture in the heart of the town, it was not only used to rest the animals of those coming and going to the palace, but was also Leggi tutto >> Porta Garibaldi The surrounding wall that defended the village from the 17th century plague has four gates: Porta Crocifisso to the east, Porta San Rocco to the west, Porta San Filippo or “Pipituna” to the north and Porta Palermo to the south r Leggi tutto >> Maria del Carmelo Church Probably dating back to before the founding of the city in 1651, it was restored and expanded by Prince Nicolò Placido Branciforti. In 1785, threatened by the danger of collapse, it was rebuilt by the Capuchin friars of the Thir Leggi tutto >> Nymph Fountain It was fed by the waters of Mount Tavi, and was designed to celebrate the myth of the river god Crysa. It was made by Prince Branciforte looking to achieve something similar to Pope Paolo V in Rome. In Baroque style it is charac Leggi tutto >> Palazzo Branciforti If you will, it is the center of the whole urban system commissioned by the founder Prince N. Placido Branciforti. Built in the span of fifty years with the use of craftsmen from Rome and Palermo, it was built under the directio Leggi tutto >> Piazza Carella The square, which together with the IV November was called “U chianu a scola” (the plan of the school) for its functions of equestrian exercises, named after the palace. 18th century and with a large ashlar front in the lower ar Leggi tutto >> Piazza IV November Along with Piazza Carella it constituted “U chianu”. Flowerbeds with seats and palm trees border it. In the center is place the Monument to the Fallen of the First World War built in 1932.Leggi tutto >>
In the forest reserve and talked about elsewhere, you must know that encountering these buildings related to the Middle Ages is worth the hike. The forest is attached to the state property of the city of Nicosia was inhabited byLeggi tutto >>
Scopri le strutture ricettive con il marchio di qualità del Distretto e riservati il posto migliore.
Il servizio sarà disponibile a breve
Componi con noi il puzzle delle Tue esperienze nel territorio del distretto.