Church of Santo Stefano
Print Friendly
Chiesa di Santo Stefano 8 - Fine Art Produzioni

The Church of Santo Stefano was built between 1500 and 1600. In 1660 it underwent several changes: it was enlarged and enriched by a choreographic façade and was built a bell tower made up of finely-worked stone. The interior was decorated with frescoes and golden sculptures, but a special feature of the church is the gate of the baroque period, painted wood, which is located in the atrium. A plaque at the entrance, to understand that the inauguration of the sanctuary took place in 1742. Near the church there was a chapel dedicated to St. Stephen, where there was the statue of the saint himself.

 

 

Via Santo Stefano – 94015 Piazza Armerina (EN)
Phone: 0935 680113
Open in the afternoon

 

 

  Click to listen highlighted text! The Church of Santo Stefano was built between 1500 and 1600. In 1660 it underwent several changes: it was enlarged and enriched by a choreographic façade and was built a bell tower made up of finely-worked stone. The interior was decorated with frescoes and golden sculptures, but a special feature of the church is the gate of the baroque period, painted wood, which is located in the atrium. A plaque at the entrance, to understand that the inauguration of the sanctuary took place in 1742. Near the church there was a chapel dedicated to St. Stephen, where there was the statue of the saint himself.     Via Santo Stefano – 94015 Piazza Armerina (EN) Phone: 0935 680113 Open in the afternoon    

 

 


BOOKING ONLINE

Scopri le strutture ricettive con il marchio di qualità del Distretto e riservati il posto migliore.

Il servizio sarà disponibile a breve

Tourcoupon

Scopri le offerte pensate per te.

Il servizio sarà disponibile a breve